The 2014 National All-Styles Australian Championships came to a thrilling conclusion in Melbourne 28th and 29th November 2014, with Sensei Khai Tran from our club, Seishin-Ryu Karate-Do Aus, walking away with the men’s Champion of Champions Title Belt again.
Sensei Khai Tran placed:
- 1st in Males open Black Belt Welterweight Division
- 2nd in Males open Black Belt Kata.
Sensei Khai Tran had to then compete against the winners of the other divisions such as Lightweight, Middleweight and Heavyweight.
Sensei Khai Tran received the Champions of Champions Title belt and Trophy by beating all the rest of the Divisions. Sensei Khai Tran retained the Title.
In addition to his success Seishin-Ryu Karate-Do Aus. produced National Champions in the following divisions:
- Men’s Advanced Division: Jaimie Singh 1st in Kata and 1st in Sparring
- Men’s Team Kata State v State 1st Place: Jaimie Singh, Syd Ruben and David Hickman
- Men’s Intermediate Division: Jacob Newton 1st in Sparring
- Female Novice: Alycia Tebble 1st in Sparring
- Female Intermediate: Mel Tebble 1st in Sparring and 1st in Kata
- Female Advanced: Tia Butler 1st in Sparring
- Junior Team Sparring 1st place: Jardine Ruben
- Female Teams State v State Sparring: 1st place Tia Butler and Mel Tebble
Bevan Bell 2nd in Kata and 2nd in Sparring in Male Intermediate:
Jardine Ruben, 3rd in Kata in 12-13yrs:
Lockie Tebble, 3rd in Sparring in 16-17yrs: 2nd in Team Sparring
Khai Tran, Jaimie Singh 2nd in Male State v State
Darryl Robinson just missed out on 3rd Place in Male Intermediate:
I want to thank all students who competed such as David Hickman, Darryl Robinson, Bevan Bell, Jaimie Singh, Jardine Ruben, Syd Ruben, Tia Butler, Mel Tebble, Lockie Tebble and Alycia Tebble You all did well.
Thanks to all the Students who helped to coach on the day. Thanks for the support to students, friends and families.
osu Ettore Senatore